Family mediation is a voluntary and confidential process, which helps joint decision making, minimising the use of courts.
Family mediation is fast becoming the preferred method to resolve and prevent disputes. If children are involved, even though you may cease to be partners, you will always be parents, and we believe you are the best people to decide your children’s future.
Whilst the availability of legal aid to cover the costs of a solicitor has dramatically reduced, it is still available to cover the costs of mediation, so for many people mediation is free.
Who do we help?
- separating couples, with or without children
- married or unmarried couples
- same-sex couples, whether or not in a civil partnership
- teenagers who are finding it difficult to get on with parents
- members of the extended family, e.g. grandparents who may be finding it difficult to see their grandchildren
What can be discussed?
- where children will live when parents separate
- how children will share their time between parents
- how much children will see members of their extended family
- how parents will communicate with one another in the future about their children and other matters
- how child support will be arranged
- how property, pensions, other financial assets and debts will be divided up
- whether any agreements are to be formalised in a Separation Deed or in divorce proceedings
We offer mediation to all, regardless of age, race, nationality, sexuality, mobility, faith and other factors. For those whose first language is other than English, interpreter services can be provided.
Why not download our leaflet on how mediation can be beneficial to you and your family? Find out our pricing here, and answers to questions you may have in our Mediation FAQs.
How To Book
We have three ways they you can make contact with the Trust quickly and confidentially, they are:
- Call us on one of the numbers below during office hours:
- 01603 620588
- 01223 576308
- 01733 860376
- Send us a message using the contact form and we will aim to get back to you within the same or next working day.
- If you are making a referral on behalf of someone else please complete the referral form and we will contact them within the same day or next working day.