This 1-day course, which is worth 5 CPD points, is designed to help mediators build on their knowledge of finance and property issues (acquired on the foundation training course and during their portfolio building), and to help them grow in confidence in handling such cases.
Many mediators, particularly those who are newly accredited and those from non-family law backgrounds, find financial cases very challenging.
This one day, 5 CPD course is designed to help them build on the knowledge of finance and property issues (acquired on their foundation training course and during their portfolio building), and to help them grow in confidence in handling such cases.
By the end of the course, attendees will have a good understanding of:
- the need for actuarial valuations in appropriate cases
- reference to recent case law
- the difference between defined contribution and defined benefit pensions
- how pensions are treated by the court in financial settlements
- the importance of ensuring that mediation clients understand the concept of the dismissal of Inheritance Act 1976 claims in ‘clean break’ divorce/dissolution settlements.
The trainers will also work with the attendees in small groups to:
By the end of the course, it is hoped that attendees will feel more confident in applying their knowledge when working with clients.
The course TEAMS link will be issued the day before the training event is due to be held.